M2M Industrial Automation
Successful production: Tracking, monitoring and remote diagnosis.
Machine-to-machine solutions bring even more automation to Industrial Automation. Although best known in manufacturing environments, Industrial Automation is also gaining popularity in other industries such as agriculture and logistics. M2M communication permits remote monitoring around-the-clock, provides alerts when something goes wrong and enables automatic data communication to collect reams of useful information. Companies gain a better overview of the condition of their equipment, can react quickly when something goes wrong and remotely adjust output to fit demand.
Industrial Automation revolutionized manufacturing of semi-finished and finished goods. Maintaining sometimes massive plants has always been vital for meeting customer demand and preventing downtime. With M2M solutions such as remote monitoring, companies can gain an overview on the condition of their equipment at a central online portal, eliminating the need for regular manual checks. Sensors on machines can also send an alert to the portal when something goes wrong, speeding repairs and lowering costs. Companies gain flexibility by using M2M communication to adjust automated production processes to fit current demand or other external factors. Since most companies prefer to lease production equipment to lower the risks of ownership and gain tax advantages, equipment owners can also rely on remote M2M services to track and monitor their gear and its use.
- Improved maintenance through remote diagnostics
- Less maintenance-related downtime
- Data for optimizing production
Machine owner (lessor)
- Information on misuse or theft with location tracking
- Simplified invoicing and usage control
- New business models and expanded services
Application Service Provider
- Increased operational efficiency
- Early diagnostics reduces failures and support efforts
- Pay-As-You-Use business models
- Detection of machine misuse and fault causes for warranties
Visit the M2M Marketplace, the unique e-commerce portal solely dedicated to M2M!